Mac 101: Adding screenshots to Stickies
More Mac 101, our series of tips and tricks for novice Mac users.
Here's a great tip from Mac OS X Hints about an old, old Mac utility. Stickies has been around since the System 7 days, and it provides a super-simple way to store quick bits of information. Did you know that, with Snow Leopard, you can also use it to store screenshots? Well, you can, and it's simple to do.
With a sticky note open, right-click or control-click on the note to bring up the contextual menu. You'll see "Capture Selection from Screen." Select it to bring up the screen capture tool, drag the cursor around the area you want to snap, and you're done! The screenshot will be inserted into that note. This only works with the Stickies app, not the Dashboard widget.
We love finding little tips like this, and we hope you find it useful.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync