Oh, Plex. You tease!
All sorts of buzz in the blogosphere this afternoon after Plex, makers of a respected Mac-based digital media center application updated their blog with a cryptic hint that seems to point to next Wednesday's Apple event.
Plex provides a centralized way to access your media library from a simple TV interface -- think FrontRow on steroids. Many Mac mini-based media centers have been built around Plex.
So does Plex's post add weight to "Apple TV" refresh rumors? It certainly tantalizes.
Update: It's Plex Nine! Rewritten from the ground up, offering a better organized underlying architecture.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app