Apple introduces 4th gen iPod touch with camera
FaceTime. It isn't just for iPhone any more. Apple has just introduced a new generation of iPod touch with an improved chip (the same A4 that powers the iPad and the iPhone 4), a better display (the iPhone 4's double-resolution Retina display), and a built-in, front-facing camera that introduces FaceTime video conferencing capabilities.
This is a hefty refresh for an already great device, providing lots of new features that really expand the way consumers can use the device in their day-to-day lives. If you can't walk away from your Blackberry, the latest generation iPod touch units bring nearly all of the iPhone magic to a Wi-Fi only platform.
Preorders start today, and they'll be shipping within a week, well in time for the Christmas season. Prices start at $229 for the 8GB version.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options