Apple introduces 4th gen iPod touch with camera
FaceTime. It isn't just for iPhone any more. Apple has just introduced a new generation of iPod touch with an improved chip (the same A4 that powers the iPad and the iPhone 4), a better display (the iPhone 4's double-resolution Retina display), and a built-in, front-facing camera that introduces FaceTime video conferencing capabilities.
This is a hefty refresh for an already great device, providing lots of new features that really expand the way consumers can use the device in their day-to-day lives. If you can't walk away from your Blackberry, the latest generation iPod touch units bring nearly all of the iPhone magic to a Wi-Fi only platform.
Preorders start today, and they'll be shipping within a week, well in time for the Christmas season. Prices start at $229 for the 8GB version.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter