Why is the Apple TV so expensive in Europe?
Apple is perhaps feeling a little defensive about this; all its new iPod pages on the UK store have little notes next to the price. For example the iPod Nano 8Gb page states "£129.00 (Includes £25 VAT, duty and levies)". Certainly, Apple have been criticised for European price hikes before, sometimes deservedly and other times less so, and this tagline suggests it is sensitive to that and wants to stress that in Europe prices are quoted inclusive of sales tax and have an import duty charged.
None of that explains the anomalous price of the Apple TV though. Considering that us folk back in the Old Continent also don't have access to that tasty, tasty Netflix streaming, this really does make the Apple TV look like a significantly poorer deal east of the Atlantic.
There are lots of disgruntled people in the UK this evening, following Apple's announcement that the new Apple TV, retailing for $99 in...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update