iLife '11 Family Pack shows up on Amazon
A while ago, we reported on an iLife 2010 for Dummies book that showed up on Amazon France, complete with production cover. A day after our post, the book was pulled from the site. That day, an iWork '10 book also showed up on Amazon Germany (and it's still there). Many readers rightly pointed out that there is very little likelihood that Apple would call the next version of iLife and iWork "10" since the year is almost over. Plus, only a week later, there were rumors circulating that iLife '11 was going to be released in time for back to school or at Apple's September media event. So far, it has yet to materialize.
However, a sharp-eyed reader pointed out that an iLife '11 Family Pack listing has appeared on Amazon.com. A Macworld reader found it a few weeks ago, and it appears it has been listed on Amazon since July 27th. The family pack's price is US$99, and its shipping time is listed as "2 to 4 weeks." The TUAW reader who tipped us off on it said she attempted to purchase it without problems and "Did not finalize the order, but was able to get right up to the final confirmation without an error."
While TUAW doesn't have reason to believe this is clear proof that an iLife '11 release is imminent, it's certainly another drop in the bucket signaling an upcoming iLife refresh. The only question is, "How soon?"
UPDATE: Amazon has now pulled the iLife '11 Family Pack listing.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature