Cyberduck adds cloud file management improvements
My FTP app of choice, Cyberduck, has updated to version 3.6, and as you can see on the changelog, it's a nice, chunky update. The developers have added in support for Google Storage, made things easier for Amazon S3 users, and added a lot of little features and bugfixes that make the whole experience easier and more compatible with other apps and platforms.
I still like Cyberduck as an app -- a lot of Mac users praise the heck out of Transmit, and it's also a very nice app, but I like supporting open source (and don't mind the free downloads, either). And Cyberduck is still growing -- they just recently announced that a Windows version is coming soon, so if you need to do some FTP'ing on Microsoft's platform, but want a Mac-quality app to do it with, Cyberduck could be the one. That version is in beta now, and should be out for release soon.
Cyberduck, as open source software, is a free download, with the option to make a donation to the hardworking developers over here.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows