Consumer Reports app 'not recommended'
After a late August update, the free app has more crashes than a bad day at the Indy 500. Want to see the problem? Just tap on "Electronics," which is one of the categories at the bottom of the screen. Kaboom! I thought it was just me, but everyone I know with an iPhone 4 has had the same problem, and the iTunes store reader feedback is overflowing with bad reviews and complaints about this bad behavior. Your mileage my vary, but the bug is pretty widespread.
After almost a month, Consumer Reports should have gotten a problem like this one sorted out, but there it sits. The issues with the app have given it a measly one star rating. It might be a good idea for the company to issue a recall, or at the very least, just fix the app. For now, this stinker is "not recommended."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration