Hang with the 2010 Mac mini racks from Macessity
The new Mac minis are sleek and lovely, but there are times when you simply want to get them out of the way. For example, if you're running a mini server farm, you'd like to get many minis into a small space. How do you do that? A rack mount. What if you'd like to mount a mini under a desk, but still want to have easy access to the ports on the back?
Macessity has announced the answer to these storage questions with a new line of products for the 2010 Mac minis. The MX4-V2 is a rack tray (above) that holds up to four Mac minis so you can "rack 'em and stack 'em" in any standard equipment rack. The $79.99 tray has special holes for cable management and comes with the necessary mounting screws (don't laugh -- you can never find mounting hardware when you need it).
For those who just want to hide a mini under a desk, there are two Macessity solutions: the $49.99 Mi360, which tucks your mini away in a protective compartment that rotates a full 360 degrees. It also has a theft deterrence locking tab so you can keep your mini from disappearing. If you want a four-port USB hub with your mini mount, you can get the $54.99 MiClassic (below) and add a $19.99 swivel bracket for convenience.
Macessity also makes racks and mounts for the original Mac minis as well, as well as desktop mounts for minis old and new that let you put your mini under a monitor.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter