Apple tops consumer satisfaction survey again
For the seventh straight year in a row, Apple has topped the American Customer Satisfaction Index survey, ringing in at number one on the annual list of PC manufacturers as ranked by customers. And it earned its best score ever -- an 86 out of 100. That's nine points ahead of its closest competitors, which are Dell, Acer, and HP. As you can see from the chart above, Apple is on its way up as well.
It's tempting to lay success like this at the feet of the iPod, iPhone, and iPad, but keep in mind that this is strictly about PC manufacturers. Consumers are more satisfied than ever with their Macs, and it shows on the sales side as well, with Macs selling in record numbers. Apple now calls itself a mobile device company, but it turns out that branching out to mobile devices from personal computers was one of the best things that ever happened to the Mac.
Who's at the bottom? Compaq is the only PC brand that didn't improve from last year, and it was the lowest of every brand on the index for the ninth straight year. If Apple's winning, somebody's got to be the loser, right?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free
- Dragon Dictate 4 released today with new features and speed enhancements