Apple tops consumer satisfaction survey again
For the seventh straight year in a row, Apple has topped the American Customer Satisfaction Index survey, ringing in at number one on the annual list of PC manufacturers as ranked by customers. And it earned its best score ever -- an 86 out of 100. That's nine points ahead of its closest competitors, which are Dell, Acer, and HP. As you can see from the chart above, Apple is on its way up as well.
It's tempting to lay success like this at the feet of the iPod, iPhone, and iPad, but keep in mind that this is strictly about PC manufacturers. Consumers are more satisfied than ever with their Macs, and it shows on the sales side as well, with Macs selling in record numbers. Apple now calls itself a mobile device company, but it turns out that branching out to mobile devices from personal computers was one of the best things that ever happened to the Mac.
Who's at the bottom? Compaq is the only PC brand that didn't improve from last year, and it was the lowest of every brand on the index for the ninth straight year. If Apple's winning, somebody's got to be the loser, right?
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved