Software Update: iTunes 10.0.1 brings Ping to your music library
An update to iTunes answers the question a lot of us have had since iTunes 10 hit the streets: why can't I use Ping to like or post about music that's already in my personal library? iTunes 10.0.1 weighs in at 86.4 MB and also fixes some bugs that have plagued 10.0.
One new feature is the Ping Sidebar, which appears when you're in your library. As seen below, Ping Sidebar shows the recent activity of your friends or artists you follow in a easily-accessed sidebar on the right side of the screen.
The update doesn't require a restart, so fire up Software Update on your Mac and download iTunes 10.0.1 soon.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app