Office 2011 to ship October 26
That's right -- Office for Mac 2011 now has an on-sale date; it's October 26th, which is just about a month away. The suite will be the first Mac OS X version that offers Outlook rather than Entourage, and it will come in a few different flavors. Home and Student 2011 will be available for US$119 (or $149 for a three-copy family pack), and it will come with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Messenger. Home and Business 2011 will have the whole enchilada and will sell for $199 (or $279 for a two-install pack).
The announcement came with the cheery video above, which runs through a few new features of the software and shows you a few of the kind folks running the Mac Business Unit. A couple of us have been using Office for Mac 2011, and we'll have some impressions for you later on. Stay tuned -- if you've been waiting for a brand new Office for Mac, the wait is almost over.
[via Mashable and Nadyne Richmond]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app