Guitarists: Win a Guitar Sidekick from Castiv and TUAW
There's no denying that there are a lot of guitar apps in the App Store. But how do you use them with your iPhone or iPod touch? Usually, you put the iPhone onto a table or music stand, where it's apt to get fumbled the next time you try picking it up to look at lyrics.
Castiv has come up with a good solution: put the iPhone or just about any other phone-sized device right onto your guitar with a little gadget called the Guitar Sidekick (US$29.99). You clamp it on the neck of your guitar, and then use the iPhone as a scrolling reminder of lyrics, as a tuning tool, as a practice metronome, a recording device, and more.
Castiv and TUAW want to give one of these little wonders away to a TUAW reader. To enter, just leave us a comment telling us which song contains your favorite guitar solo. Here are the details:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave a comment with the name of the song containing your favorite guitar solo.
- The comment must be left before midnight on Sunday, October 10th, 2010, 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected and receives a Castiv Guitar Sidekick valued at $29.99
- Click here for complete official rules.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs