TUAW video review of the new Apple TV
Since many readers might want to see how the Apple TV works without watching the whole hour-long TUAW TV Live episode, I've taken the liberty of posting two YouTube videos that show how the device works. I also have some opinions on the device, which I'm glad to share -- I think version 2.0 of the Apple TV is a huge improvement over the first device in size, power efficiency, speed, price, and clarity. Apple still needs to increase the number of video sources (networks in particular) that can be streamed from the device, and AirPlay won't go live for another month or so, but I already consider device the best $99 I've spent on tech equipment in 2010.
Check out the video (split into two pieces to fit onto YouTube) on the next page.
Yesterday afternoon on TUAW TV Live, I ran a 21-minute video that I put together that shows the features of the new Apple TV as well as the...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update