Rockin' and rollin' with the PropUp iPad stand
As you can see in the video after the break, the PropUp is made of a black flexible open cell foam material and has little "bumpers" in the corners that hold the iPad in place. What's great about the material that is used in the PropUp is that you can take an iPad dressed in many of the sleeves and cases that are available on the market, and the PropUp flexes just enough that you can use it without removing the iPad case. I was able to take my wife's iPad, which lives in the standard Apple case, and use it with the PropUp.
Where the PropUp really excels is in holding the screen up while you're sitting in a chair. You can put the PropUp and iPad into your lap, and it's just at the right angle for viewing. Due to the size of the iPad, the PropUp won't stand up unassisted when the iPad is in portrait orientation, but it works amazingly well in landscape mode. It can also serve as good screen protection in transit -- simply turn the iPad around and face it towards the center of the PropUp, and you now have almost two inches of foam and an inch of air protecting the screen.
We're giving away one PropUp iPad stand, so click the Read More link to find out how to enter our giveaway.
To have a chance at winning a PropUp iPad stand from TUAW, just enter a comment below with your idea for an alternative use for the PropUp -- dog toy, emergency pillow, exercise tool, baseball umpire chest protector, you name it. Here are the rules:
Here are the official rules:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave a comment with an alternative use for the PropUp iPad stand.
- The comment must be left before midnight on Sunday, October 17th, 2010, 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected and receives a PropUp iPad stand valued at $24.95.
- Click here for complete official rules.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync