A helmsman's chair that would make James T. Kirk green with envy
The company recently developed a concept chair, which they refer to as the iChair, that includes not one, but two iPads mounted for easy visibility. The custom docks that hold the iPads have ergonomic padding installed to cushion the forearms of the lucky soul who gets to command the
The iChair was built specially by NorSap for the ONS 2010 and SMM 2010 exhibitions, and although our tipster, Kenneth, isn't sure they'll sell any of these, I have to agree with his assertion that "it looks cool." One of the closeup shots in the gallery below shows a navigational chart on the iPad, so the iPads may have some practical use other than distracting the crew.
A few more shots of the iChair are in the gallery below.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client