A helmsman's chair that would make James T. Kirk green with envy
The company recently developed a concept chair, which they refer to as the iChair, that includes not one, but two iPads mounted for easy visibility. The custom docks that hold the iPads have ergonomic padding installed to cushion the forearms of the lucky soul who gets to command the
The iChair was built specially by NorSap for the ONS 2010 and SMM 2010 exhibitions, and although our tipster, Kenneth, isn't sure they'll sell any of these, I have to agree with his assertion that "it looks cool." One of the closeup shots in the gallery below shows a navigational chart on the iPad, so the iPads may have some practical use other than distracting the crew.
A few more shots of the iChair are in the gallery below.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options