More evidence of iLife '11
Seems like we've been hearing about rumors of iLife '11 and iWork '11 for months now -- and usually all of them come from various Amazon sites around the world. Well, here's the latest one: today, 9 to 5 Mac discovered the German Amazon iLife '09 listing marking the ship date as October 20, 2010. This ship date has since been removed. However, if you check out the iLife '09 listing on the US Amazon site, you'll notice in the "More buying choices" box on the right side of the screen that Amazon is selling a version of iLife for $49.99 and that it will ship in "2 to 4 weeks."
Can we put these two Amazon iLife hints together to infer that iLife '11 will be announced on October 20th and ship two to four weeks after that? Honestly, who knows. It's never been clear whether Amazon has any inside information about product releases or if they just update their product pages based on speculation. It is interesting however that the German site removed the October 20th date after 9 to 5 Mac reported on it, and that Amazon US currently offers iLife '09 at a 34% discount of $52.30, yet is also selling a version for $49.99 that ships in two to four weeks.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter