Mac App Store announced
Apple today has announced a Mac App Store based upon the popular iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad App Stores. The Mac App Store will offer one-click download of Mac apps, auto-installation, auto-updates, a 70/30 split for developers, and all the apps you buy are licensed for use on all your personal Macs.
A Mac App Store is something that has been suggested in the past by press and readers alike, but few thought one would ever materialize. It will be interesting to see how Mac developers respond to this and if any major developers (like Adobe, Microsoft, etc.) join in. The Mac App Store will be a stand alone app available for Snow Leopard and Lion.
Application submissions start in November and the store opens 90 days from today.
Apple today has announced a Mac App Store based upon the popular iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad App Stores. The Mac App Store will offer...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station