Software updates: Aperture 3.1, Java Update 3, and ProKit Update
Three big updates just showed up in Software Update: Aperture 3.1, Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 3, and ProKit Update.
Aperture 3.1 weighs in at nearly 375 MB. Aside from the usual improvements to "overall stability and performance," Aperture 3.1 brings compatibility with the brand new iLife '11 suite. There's also a whole host of bug fixes -- too many to list here, honestly.
Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 3 is about 78 MB and updates Java SE 6 to 1.6.0_22.
The ProKit Update "fixes issues with user interface software that is shared by Apple's professional applications," which includes Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Aperture, Final Cut Express, Soundtrack, Logic Studio, Logic Pro, MainStage, WaveBurner and Logic Express. The specific issues this ~14 MB update addresses:
-- Improves reliability for browsing iPhoto libraries in Aperture.
-- Addresses cosmetic issue with appearance of disclosure triangles in Aperture.
-- Fixes a problem in Logic Pro and MainStage where numeric parameters display incorrect information.
All three updates are available via Software Update now, so fire it up.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration