Software updates: Aperture 3.1, Java Update 3, and ProKit Update
Three big updates just showed up in Software Update: Aperture 3.1, Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 3, and ProKit Update.
Aperture 3.1 weighs in at nearly 375 MB. Aside from the usual improvements to "overall stability and performance," Aperture 3.1 brings compatibility with the brand new iLife '11 suite. There's also a whole host of bug fixes -- too many to list here, honestly.
Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 3 is about 78 MB and updates Java SE 6 to 1.6.0_22.
The ProKit Update "fixes issues with user interface software that is shared by Apple's professional applications," which includes Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro, Motion, Soundtrack Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Aperture, Final Cut Express, Soundtrack, Logic Studio, Logic Pro, MainStage, WaveBurner and Logic Express. The specific issues this ~14 MB update addresses:
-- Improves reliability for browsing iPhoto libraries in Aperture.
-- Addresses cosmetic issue with appearance of disclosure triangles in Aperture.
-- Fixes a problem in Logic Pro and MainStage where numeric parameters display incorrect information.
All three updates are available via Software Update now, so fire it up.
Three big updates just showed up in Software Update: Aperture 3.1, Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 3, and ProKit Update. Aperture 3.1 weighs...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs