Apple TV jailbreak yields first third-party app
Only a few days ago , Greenpois0n revealed that it had jailbroken the Apple TV. Yesterday, PwnageTool 4.1 joined the ranks, too. Now we have sights of what appears to be the first third-party app running on a jailbroken Apple TV. nitoTV, a small software development firm, has managed to get a simple weather app running on the device. According to nitoTV's twitter feed, a version of the app with "weather and RSS feeds" will be out "soon."
While there's still no word on a public release for any of the jailbreak software, we can only assume that this is the first of many more third-party apps to come for the cracked Apple TV.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options