Apple TV jailbreak yields first third-party app
Only a few days ago , Greenpois0n revealed that it had jailbroken the Apple TV. Yesterday, PwnageTool 4.1 joined the ranks, too. Now we have sights of what appears to be the first third-party app running on a jailbroken Apple TV. nitoTV, a small software development firm, has managed to get a simple weather app running on the device. According to nitoTV's twitter feed, a version of the app with "weather and RSS feeds" will be out "soon."
While there's still no word on a public release for any of the jailbreak software, we can only assume that this is the first of many more third-party apps to come for the cracked Apple TV.
Only a few days ago , Greenpois0n revealed that it had jailbroken the Apple TV. Yesterday, PwnageTool 4.1 joined the ranks, too. Now we...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free