Firemint's Flight Control HD coming to Mac App Store
The dust hasn't even settled in the wake of Apple's announcement of the Mac App Store, but one well-known developer is already on board. Firemint, creator of Flight Control for the iPhone/iPod touch and Flight Control HD for the iPad, has announced it will bring Flight Control HD to the Mac via the Mac App Store. As a matter of fact, according to Firemint, Flight Control HD is already running on the Mac.
Firemint may be the first company to publicly announce support for the Mac App Store, but it's unlikely to be the last. As Erica noted earlier, a centralized hub for app distribution on Mac OS X is something many developers will find very attractive, in spite of the more restrictive environment as compared to the free-for-all market that exists now. Many developers won't find the Mac App Store to be a good fit for them and will stick with traditional distribution channels, but developers like Firemint may find their apps reaching a much larger audience than before.
[via Mac Rumors]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter