Firemint's Flight Control HD coming to Mac App Store
The dust hasn't even settled in the wake of Apple's announcement of the Mac App Store, but one well-known developer is already on board. Firemint, creator of Flight Control for the iPhone/iPod touch and Flight Control HD for the iPad, has announced it will bring Flight Control HD to the Mac via the Mac App Store. As a matter of fact, according to Firemint, Flight Control HD is already running on the Mac.
Firemint may be the first company to publicly announce support for the Mac App Store, but it's unlikely to be the last. As Erica noted earlier, a centralized hub for app distribution on Mac OS X is something many developers will find very attractive, in spite of the more restrictive environment as compared to the free-for-all market that exists now. Many developers won't find the Mac App Store to be a good fit for them and will stick with traditional distribution channels, but developers like Firemint may find their apps reaching a much larger audience than before.
[via Mac Rumors]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app