Is your new Apple TV skipping frames?
As reported on 9to5Mac and relayed by several of our readers from personal experience, the issue may not be apparent to everyone, but it can be annoying enough to those who know what to look for that they'd like to use the device for target practice.
An Emmy-nominated editor who sent 9to5 an email about the issue noted that the motion stops for a frame, then it skips the next frame to catch up. The problem is most apparent where there is motion in a scene, and it didn't occur with the same video sources on the old Apple TV.
The issue is receiving a fair number of discussion forum entries on the Apple Support site, so there is hope that a future update to the firmware on the new Apple TV will be forthcoming to resolve the problem.
Have you experienced this issue? We'd like to know. Leave a comment below telling us about your experiences with the new Apple TV.
Apple's new $99 Apple TV may be getting a lot more fans than its predecessor, but early reports from a number of users are indicating that...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time