Troll Touch announces 27-inch touchscreen Cinema Displays
Troll Touch is offering an integrated display, where the front glass is replaced with an analog resistive panel, or a user installable option, where the same resistive panel can be applied to an existing display and removed when not needed. Both options come with calibration and driver software.
The integrated unit is priced at US$2,499, and the user installable SlipCover version is $1,099. If you already have a 27-inch display, you can ship it to Troll Tech, and they will install the integrated touch panel for $1,499. Troll Tech also offers touch-enabled versions of other Apple and Dell displays as well as iMacs and plastic MacBooks.
Watching the video in the second half of the post, we'd have to agree with Jobs that a desktop touchscreen just doesn't really make much sense, especially for extended use. A vertical touch panel, especially one this large, would be very fatiguing. The only place we see this system being useful is for installation into a kiosk.
[Via Macsimum News]
Even if Apple CEO Steve Jobs isn't interested (for now at least) in giving his followers a touchscreen desktop computing experience, Troll...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update