Troll Touch announces 27-inch touchscreen Cinema Displays
Troll Touch is offering an integrated display, where the front glass is replaced with an analog resistive panel, or a user installable option, where the same resistive panel can be applied to an existing display and removed when not needed. Both options come with calibration and driver software.
The integrated unit is priced at US$2,499, and the user installable SlipCover version is $1,099. If you already have a 27-inch display, you can ship it to Troll Tech, and they will install the integrated touch panel for $1,499. Troll Tech also offers touch-enabled versions of other Apple and Dell displays as well as iMacs and plastic MacBooks.
Watching the video in the second half of the post, we'd have to agree with Jobs that a desktop touchscreen just doesn't really make much sense, especially for extended use. A vertical touch panel, especially one this large, would be very fatiguing. The only place we see this system being useful is for installation into a kiosk.
[Via Macsimum News]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync