Trick or Treat with TUAW: iPhone 4 and iPad cases from iSkin
TUAW is giving away a gaggle of ghoulishly good gadgets over the next few days. Be sure to come back every day between now and October 31st for a chance to win. The good part of the giveaways? You don't need to wear a costume to win 'em.
With the surprisingly active adoption of the iPad in the healthcare industry, as well as recent concerns about how microbes can live happily on iPad screens, wouldn't it be nice to have something that would at least keep bugs off of most of your device? And since the iPhone 4 is also apt to pick up germs when being used, how about having a way to keep it sanitary as well?
iSkin has a line of iPhone and iPad cases that will make germaphobes happy, since the company has started to use washable silicone materials with embedded Microban antimicrobial protection for some of their products. The iSkin Duo case for iPad and revo4 case for iPhone 4 both use these materials to keep you protected, and they look darn good in the process.
If you're not as concerned about the germs as you are about protecting your investment, iSkin has the great-looking iSkin Vu for iPad and iSkin Solo for the iPhone4. And for four TUAW readers, you're going to win one of these cool cases in a random giveaway. Here are the official rules:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave a comment telling us what kind of case -- iPhone 4 or iPad -- you'd like to win.
- The comment must be left before midnight on Monday, November 1, 2010, 11:59PM Eastern Daylight Time.
- You may enter only once.
- Four winners will be selected in a random drawing. One will receive an iSkin Duo Case for iPad (Value: US$49.99), one will receive an iSkin Vu Case for iPad (Value: $64.99), one will receive an iSkin revo4 Case for iPhone 4 (Value: $39.99), and one will receive an iSkin Solo Case for iPhone 4 (Value: $29.99)
- Click here for complete official rules.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter