Adium 1.4 ships with support for Twitter, better group chat features
Adium supports popular chat networks such as AIM/MobileMe, Google Talk (along with all other Jabber/XMPP-based chat services), MSN and Yahoo! Messenger; it also connects to Facebook chat and other services like QQ, Gadu-Gadu, Lotus Sametime and Novell Groupwise. No, it doesn't do voice or video (or FaceTime), just sweet old text like our forefathers intended.
The Adium open source project keeps chugging along, despite a severe resource crunch and shortage of development hours. If you're a savvy Mac programmer with an interest in the topic, the team would welcome your energy and contributions.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station