Sophos releases free Mac anti-virus package
Security company Sophos has today released a free Home Edition of its Mac virus scanner suite. This is a timely move by Sophos to get an early foothold in what could become a significant market for aftermarket OS X security tools.
While it's true that Macs have, until now, enjoyed a relatively blissful life free of viruses and other malware, increasing market share means we can sadly expect to see more bad guys target us from now on.
There are more examples of recent Mac security problems on the Sophos company blog, and while (of course) they are motivated to scare you into using their product, they aren't making it up either.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)