Sophos releases free Mac anti-virus package
Security company Sophos has today released a free Home Edition of its Mac virus scanner suite. This is a timely move by Sophos to get an early foothold in what could become a significant market for aftermarket OS X security tools.
While it's true that Macs have, until now, enjoyed a relatively blissful life free of viruses and other malware, increasing market share means we can sadly expect to see more bad guys target us from now on.
There are more examples of recent Mac security problems on the Sophos company blog, and while (of course) they are motivated to scare you into using their product, they aren't making it up either.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter