Microsoft updates Office for Mac 2011
Microsoft has released an update to Office for Mac 2011 today. The 14.0.1 update weighs in at 110 MB and includes critical fixes for issues that might cause Office 2011 applications to stop responding or quit unexpectedly. Other issues the update addresses include:
Excel: Excel-calculated cells are updated when revisions are made to related data. Reliability is improved when the FORMAT macro command is used.
Word: Stability is improved when you build equations.
PowerPoint: Stability is improved during slide shows. Compatibility with PowerPoint 2007 and PowerPoint 2010 is improved.
Outlook: Reliability is improved when you delete messages from multiple IMAP accounts. Email passwords are retained in the keychain after new accounts are imported into Outlook.
The update is recommended for all users of Office 2011 and can be downloaded here.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter