Sprint to launch Peel case for iPod touch on Sunday
The rumors have come to fruition: Sprint will launch the ZTE Peel case for the iPod touch on November 14th. According to documents acquired by the Boy Genius Report, the device will cost US$79.99 and require a $30 month-to-month plan. Customers will get a 1GB data allowance per month, with overage charges of $0.05 per megabyte.
The ZTE Peel is an iPod touch case that's also a mobile hotspot. When it place, it provides 3G access to the iPod touch (2nd and 3rd generation) plus one other device. Why not the 4th generation touch? Well, the camera is in the wrong spot, for starters.
Unlike the similar Apple Peel 520, Sprint's ZTE Peel won't allow you to send or receive text messages or phone calls. Still, it should answer what GigaOM calls "If Only Moments" that iPod touch users are familiar with. Now the App Store and iTunes Store are always available, and Internet-dependent apps are almost always an option.
If you pick one up, let us know how it goes. It's certainly an interesting piece of hardware.
The rumors have come to fruition: Sprint will launch the ZTE Peel case for the iPod touch on November 14th. According to documents...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client