Sprint to launch Peel case for iPod touch on Sunday
The rumors have come to fruition: Sprint will launch the ZTE Peel case for the iPod touch on November 14th. According to documents acquired by the Boy Genius Report, the device will cost US$79.99 and require a $30 month-to-month plan. Customers will get a 1GB data allowance per month, with overage charges of $0.05 per megabyte.
The ZTE Peel is an iPod touch case that's also a mobile hotspot. When it place, it provides 3G access to the iPod touch (2nd and 3rd generation) plus one other device. Why not the 4th generation touch? Well, the camera is in the wrong spot, for starters.
Unlike the similar Apple Peel 520, Sprint's ZTE Peel won't allow you to send or receive text messages or phone calls. Still, it should answer what GigaOM calls "If Only Moments" that iPod touch users are familiar with. Now the App Store and iTunes Store are always available, and Internet-dependent apps are almost always an option.
If you pick one up, let us know how it goes. It's certainly an interesting piece of hardware.
The rumors have come to fruition: Sprint will launch the ZTE Peel case for the iPod touch on November 14th. According to documents...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free