Forbes calls Scott Forstall a 'name you need to know'
Do you know who Scott Forstall is?
According to Forbes Magazine, you should. As part of a crowd-sourcing project for the January issue of the magazine, Forbes asked readers to suggest the names of people who will be important in 2011. One of the picks was Forstall, Apple's senior vice president of iPhone software.
Forstall was one of the NeXT engineers who followed Steve Jobs back to Apple, and in his current role he's the man behind the wild success of iOS. It's estimated that iOS currently runs on over 100 million devices worldwide.
Apple's executive profile for Forstall notes that he "is one of the original architects of OS X," and was "responsible for several releases of the operating system, most notably Mac OS X Leopard."
Looking forward to the future release of Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, we can expect to see Forstall's genius at work as elements of iOS make their way onto the Mac.
[via The Mac Observer]
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter