iXtreamer streams audio and video from your iOS 4 device to your TV
Didn't see the iPad dock of your dreams in the Holiday Gift Guide: Docks that rock post from the other day? Looking for one that can turn your iPad into a media streaming device? You might want to check out Xtreamer's new iXtreamer system, which enables wired and wireless AV streaming from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod to your TV. While it isn't sold with any internal means to store your media, there is space for a 3.5" HDD with a capacity of up to 3 TB storage along with two additional USB ports.
Priced at €175 or about US$237 with today's exchange rate, notable features include 1080p playback, 802.11n connectivity, internet radio streaming, and Blu-ray ISO support. And unlike the Apple TV, the iXtreamer can seemingly handle almost any audio or video format you could dream up while also accessing media stored on networked drives or other computers in your home. This could be a big selling point for those who may think that the Apple TV is just for mom.
Click Read More to check out the video overview.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter