Mozy 2.0 for Mac is faster, more Mac-like
Mozy 2.0 for Mac is available for download now and just as before the first 2GB of online storage is free while monthly prices vary for larger home or corporate accounts. It's interesting to see how far they have come since the first version of Mozy for Mac came on the scene.
I saw firsthand the value of having an offsite backup system in place when a buddy of mine lost both the internal drive on his iMac AND his external backup drive at home on the same day. He was a Mozy user and had them send him his complete backup on DVDs which he then used to import his data onto his new computer. Regularly backing up your machine (both local and in the cloud) is one of the most important things you can do as a computer user, and I myself have been a longtime user of backup service from BackBlaze. For $50/year, the expense of paying for an online backup is totally worth the safety net it provides.
[via Lifehacker and Online Backups Review]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update