Borderlands Game of the Year edition for Mac gets a release date
2K Games Feral Interactive (the company publishing this title for the Mac) has announced that the Game of the Year edition of the great "Diablo shooter" game Borderlands is on its way. It'll be out on December 3rd, and like other versions of the special edition, the game will include all of the title's downloadable content packs, including The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned, Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, The Secret Armory of General Knoxx and Claptrap's New Robot Revolution. All that gaming for just US$49.95, running natively on our favorite platform -- pretty sweet.
I was a huge fan of Borderlands when it came out last year -- you'll probably need to enjoy the FPS genre to really get into it, but the best part of the game is the guns: killing enemies makes them drop guns, randomly created with all sorts of wacky attributes, from poison fire machine guns to exploding shell shotguns. When you add in a fun quest system and four different classes to play with, it's a really great game with almost unlimited replayability.
One note: you'll need an Intel Mac to run the game, of course, and you won't be able to use any Macs with ATI X1xxx series, NVIDIA 7xxx series and Intel GMA series video cards. But if you've got a recent Mac and room for a new FPS to play, keep an eye out for Borderlands early next month.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype
- Amazon Cloud Drive Photos gains video, iPad support
- Pandora Radio 5.1: Wake up to your favorite station