iOS 4.1 for Apple TV available now
The updates keep coming today, and now iOS
4.2.1 4.1 for Apple TV is available. This update supports the much-anticipated AirPlay feature in iOS 4.2, which allows compatible iOS devices running 4.2 stream content to the Apple TV. This is build 8C150 and can be found via your Apple TV's update feature or directly here.*
We've been waiting to test AirPlay ourselves and will have a review of the feature up soon. For now, grab the update, start playing around and plan how you'll be showing off your new toys this holiday season.
Update: Corrected the version number. The latest iOS for Apple TV lists itself as "Software Version 4.1."
*Note: If you grab the manual download, you'll need to use iTunes and option-click the update to push it to your Apple TV.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service