iOS 4.1 for Apple TV available now
The updates keep coming today, and now iOS
4.2.1 4.1 for Apple TV is available. This update supports the much-anticipated AirPlay feature in iOS 4.2, which allows compatible iOS devices running 4.2 stream content to the Apple TV. This is build 8C150 and can be found via your Apple TV's update feature or directly here.*
We've been waiting to test AirPlay ourselves and will have a review of the feature up soon. For now, grab the update, start playing around and plan how you'll be showing off your new toys this holiday season.
Update: Corrected the version number. The latest iOS for Apple TV lists itself as "Software Version 4.1."
*Note: If you grab the manual download, you'll need to use iTunes and option-click the update to push it to your Apple TV.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync