MacTech Boot Camp gives Mac mavens pre-Macworld day of workshops
Hopefully, if you're headed out to Macworld Expo next year, you've already made some hotel and air travel plans, as reservations in San Francisco are already filling up if not filled up completely. But just in case you're still planning out the trip, make sure to try and include an extra day at the beginning.
MacTech is going to be hosting a one-day boot camp for Mac folks who support the home, SOHO, and SMB (small to medium business) users. I just attended the MacTech conference a few weeks ago here in LA, and while it was definitely centered around the IT and developer side of things (or at least people who want to know more about those fields), it was also an excellent networking opportunity, offering up lots of contact with all kinds of the best folks in the industry.
The Boot Camp is taking place January 26, 2011, the day before Macworld, in San Francisco. It includes a networking lunch, along with sessions on all kinds of topics. It's probably not for everybody, but if you have an interest in the subjects covered, it'll be a really nice way to start Macworld week off right. Just be sure to get those reservations in soon -- you'll need your hotel and air covered ASAP, obviously, and reserving for the boot camp by December 15th will save you $200 (registration will be $295 instead of $495). If you're going, we'll be sure to see you there.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter