Mac shipments are outpacing the market 3 to 1
An interesting article over at CNN talks about the growth of Mac inside the worldwide market for personal computers. The original report was created by Charlie Wolf, who pointed out that Apple's growth is three times that of the overall, worldwide market for computers. The article itself is concerned that Wolf might have been too fair to Apple, since Macs only represent about 5% of that total market in the last quarter.
The challenge, though, is that Wolf is talking about two things: the overall growth of personal computers against the growth of Macs. Of the two numbers compared, Mac is gaining ground much more quickly than your average PC. Wolf's data isn't meant to be an apples-to-apples argument anyway. The whole point is that "PCs are still getting bigger worldwide. But, of that market, Macs are growing faster than the overall market."
An interesting article over at CNN talks about the growth of Mac inside the worldwide market for personal computers. The original report...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements