Mac OS X 10.6.6 build 10J537 seeded, Mac App Store clarification says no demos
Two items: last night Apple seeded another build of 10.6.6 (we reported a build had been sent back in November) build 10j537, and a Mac App Store statement from Apple has put the kibosh on any demo apps.
More intriguing is this bit as reported by Macstories, wherein developers are encouraged to host demos, trials and the like on their website. Presumably developer websites listed in the Mac App Store will lure buyers to the site, where they can download a demo. Then they'll come back to the Mac App Store and buy the full version. It'll be interesting to see the numbers when this all shakes out. In any case, the Mac App Store is coming sooner, now that January 17, 2011 deadline is looming.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter