Dutch designer creates wind-powered iFan case-charger for iPhone
Tired of having his iPhone run out of juice halfway through the day, Dutch designer Tjeerd Veenhoven has created the iFan charging case. While it's not quite as slick and integrated looking as a Mophie juice pack, the iFan does provide a renewable means of charging an iPhone and a bit of bumper-style protection at the same time.
Veenhoven modified a computer's case fan to function as a generator and fashioned it into a wrap-around case with a dock connector. According to him, it takes about 6 hours to charge his iPhone via wind power, but he reckons that could be reduced by reworking the fan blades to make them more efficient. Currently, this appears to be just a one-off with no immediate production plans. The question is, would you be willing to hold your iPhone out the car window as you drive to charge it?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration