iTunes sending free TV rentals to some users
9to5 Mac is reporting today that some iTunes users received promotional codes good for one free TV rental from iTunes. As far as anyone can tell, there's no obvious rhyme or reason as to how they were distributed.
Perhaps they want to stress test their iTunes streaming services a bit. You'll remember that Apple said the North Carolina data center should be operational by "year's end." If it is in fact going to power an iTunes streaming service, here's a chance to throw some real traffic at it and see what happens.
The only thing we know for a fact is that some lucky customers will be watching TV on Apple's dime this week. If you're among them, have fun and let us know about your experience.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service