iTunes sending free TV rentals to some users
9to5 Mac is reporting today that some iTunes users received promotional codes good for one free TV rental from iTunes. As far as anyone can tell, there's no obvious rhyme or reason as to how they were distributed.
Perhaps they want to stress test their iTunes streaming services a bit. You'll remember that Apple said the North Carolina data center should be operational by "year's end." If it is in fact going to power an iTunes streaming service, here's a chance to throw some real traffic at it and see what happens.
The only thing we know for a fact is that some lucky customers will be watching TV on Apple's dime this week. If you're among them, have fun and let us know about your experience.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)