Macworld reveals Editors' Choice Award winners
For the 26th consecutive year, Macworld has announced the winners of the Editors' Choice Awards. While the online article announcing the winners makes it sound like the awards are for Mac hardware and software only, it's open to just about any product that works with Macs or other Apple devices.
While we won't list all of the winners here, some of the standout items on the list are very popular with TUAW bloggers. The only Mac to win an Eddy was the new 11-inch MacBook Air. Macworld gave the diminutive MacBook Air a 4.5 rating out of 5 possible points, and touted the design as proving that "Apple is still dedicated to the Mac."
The iPad and fourth-generation iPod touch both received awards, which isn't surprising given that both devices are top sellers for Apple and that the iPad is quickly defining a new genre of tablets. In the software awards, 1Password 3, Evernote 1.11, Excel for Mac 2011, iMovie '11, Instapaper, Scrivener, Steam and TextExpander 3 all won top honors.
Although you may not agree with all of the picks -- the third-generation Amazon Kindle baffled me, for example -- it's a fascinating read and points out some of the shining stars of the Apple ecosystem for well-deserved praise.
For the 26th consecutive year, Macworld has announced the winners of the Editors' Choice Awards. While the online article announcing the...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update