QuickTime 7.6.9 out now, fixes a number of security issues
Apple has updated QuickTime to version 7.6.9, bringing out a whole slew of security fixes protecting against various "maliciously crafted" file formats. Apple has been working closely with security experts to hammer these out, and as a result, the software is much better protected against opening files designed to cause problems.
You can find the update in the usual places, including a Software Update client near you, or directly from the QuickTime download website. Enjoy and be safe!
Update: This fix is for Mac OS X Leopard and Windows users only, so if you're wondering why you don't see it in Software Update, that's probably why.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service