QuickTime 7.6.9 out now, fixes a number of security issues
Apple has updated QuickTime to version 7.6.9, bringing out a whole slew of security fixes protecting against various "maliciously crafted" file formats. Apple has been working closely with security experts to hammer these out, and as a result, the software is much better protected against opening files designed to cause problems.
You can find the update in the usual places, including a Software Update client near you, or directly from the QuickTime download website. Enjoy and be safe!
Update: This fix is for Mac OS X Leopard and Windows users only, so if you're wondering why you don't see it in Software Update, that's probably why.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates