Mac App Store will be live in January '11, says The Loop
One of the good things about our friend Jim Dalrymple at The Loop (to be clear, he has many positive qualities) is that when he says "my sources tell me," you know he's been talking to people in a position to have the real scoop. In this case, he's laying it on the line and saying the Mac App Store will positively, certainly not launch next week.
We noted reports on Tuesday that had rumored an early launch for the Mac App Store, with an anticipated date of 12/13 -- now Dalrymple says that those rumors are pure hokum, and the target for the store launch is sometime in January. He doesn't have an exact date, but he believes it will be in time for Apple to meet its announced launch horizon of 90 days post-Back to the Mac event.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options