3D printing provider Sculpteo and TUAW want to give you... yourself
Remember that cool little avatar (picture at right) that I had made by Sculpteo? It's a great example of the work that the 3D printing service provider is doing for people around the world. Sculpteo is using the avatars as a unique way to get the word out about 3D printing, and they'd like one lucky TUAW reader to get the chance to make an avatar of his- or herself, or to give the Christmas gift of an avatar to a friend.
Mac users can create 3D creations either using standard CAD software such as AutoCAD for Mac or free solutions like Google Sketchup, and then upload the files to Sculpteo for printing. Whether you're planning on creating art, a mockup of a new product, or just fascinated with the concept of 3D printing, the service is worth looking into.
To enter the giveaway, just leave a comment telling us who you'd like to make an avatar of -- yourself, a relative, or friend. If you're the winner, we'll get you in touch with the right people so you can send the necessary photos for that extra touch of realism. Here are the rules:
- Open to legal US residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 and older.
- To enter, leave a comment telling us who you'd like to 'avatarize.'
- The comment must be left before midnight on Sunday, December 12, 2010, 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time.
- You may enter only once.
- One winner will be selected at random from the entries and will receive a customized avatar from Sculpteo valued at US$74.90.
- Click Here for complete Official Rules.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync