TUAW's Daily App: Backbreaker 2: Vengeance
Most football video games nowadays go all out on features -- you can play any position, just coach fantasy-style, or even design plays in some games. But NaturalMotion's Backbreaker series for iOS goes the other way. It's just good old tackling and running, boiled down into an arcade mode designed to show off the dynamic tackling and motion built into the engine. Backbreaker 2: Vengeance is really impressive. If you're a hardcore football fan you'll want a more full-featured game, but if you just love dodging and diving into players on the football field, you'll really enjoy the wave after wave of points-based attacks here.
Especially on iPhone 4, the presentation is great, with smooth and beautiful graphics and very responsive controls. This is the second in the series, and it shows -- NaturalMotion is really learning how to do cool stuff with their engine. There are also tweaks to moves from the first game, and a few new moves as well. And Backbreaker 2's got Game Center integration, so you can chase after achievements and leaderboards, too. It's an excellent game for US$2.99 -- check it out (at least when you're not playing Infinity Blade today).
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter