Aigo's iPhone 4 battery case features internal charge cable
Heavy iPhone users live or die by their choice of battery case, and Aigo has a new offering that adds a twist to the standard cases now on the market. On top of its advertised 300 hours of standby time, the Aigo aiPower i616 also includes an integrated charging/sync cable that folds into the case when not in use. The Aigo i616 offers a respectable 1500mAh external battery that promises up to 7 hours of talk time, 10 hours of internet usage, 10 hours of video playback or 40 hours of audio playback.
Included with the battery is a microUSB port for charging, a switch to manage battery usage and a battery check button to display the charge level. When you don't need that extra juice, the battery case is easily removable so that you can use your iPhone 4 in its sleek, smooth and naked form. Reasonably priced, the Aigo i616 will set you back US$79.99.
The Aigo is creative with its integrated cable, but it faces some stiff competition from Mophie. Early last week, Mophie introduced its new juice pack plus for iPhone 4, which offers an impressive 2,000 mAh battery that delivers 8 extra hours of talk time, 7 hours of cellular internet usage or 11 hours of Wi-Fi internet usage. A virtual speaker box is also included to help with speakerphone performance by redirecting the sound from the bottom of the handset to the front. The Mophie is available now in black for $99. A splash of color will be added starting in January 2011.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature