DirecTV survey suggests NFL Sunday Ticket on Apple TV
A recent marketing research survey from DirecTV suggests its popular NFL Sunday Ticket may land on the Apple TV. The survey quizzes DirecTV customers about different bundles and pricing plans for both the digital and regular Sunday Ticket subscription. A footnote for the internet-based, digital version offers the option for watching Sunday Ticket on your TV when it is connected to an Apple TV, as well as a Boxee Box or a Roku player. While far from a confirmation, these surveys are often used to gauge the potential interest in a feature before it is rolled out.
Currently, the NFL Sunday Ticket lets you watch every game, every Sunday on your TV via satellite or over the internet. The internet version is separate from the satellite service and streams HD-quality football to your desktop PC or a mobile device including the iPhone and the iPad. Yes, the iPad app is an option for catching up on the games while lying on the couch, but watching football on the big screen via your Apple TV would be so sweet. Fingers crossed that this survey is a harbinger of good things to come for football fans that own an Apple TV.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync