Apple releases LED Cinema Display firmware update
Apple has released a firmware update for the 27-inch LED Cinema Display. The 957KB download "addresses intermittent audio issues some users have experienced while using the 27-inch LED Cinema Display." To install the update you must have Mac OS X 10.6.4 or later, plus the confusingly similarly-named LED Cinema Display Software Update 1.0 (released in September). Alternatively, an installation of Mac OS X 10.6.5 will do, as the previous display update was bundled with the 10.6.5 updater.
If you own the latest 27-inch Cinema Display, you'll likely be able to get the new firmware via Software Update; if it's not showing up, it's also available via direct download.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app