Rumor: New iMacs and MacBook Pros in the first half of 2011
This rumor is like saying it will rain somewhere in the world during the first half of 2011, but DigiTimes reports that Apple will launch new MacBook Pros and iMacs in the first half of next year. The iMac was last updated in July 2010, and the MacBook Pros last received an update way back in April 2010, so updates to both those lines in the next six months shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.
As for details, DigiTimes doesn't have many except there will be "at least four upgraded MacBook Pros," and the new iMacs will feature "a new panel size and a price point for the mainstream market." Personally, I'm hoping Apple drops the optical drive from at least one of the 15-inch MacBook Pros and throws in 512GB solid-state drives across the line. As for the iMac, the "new panel size" could mean a new aspect ratio or just larger displays featuring the current aspect ratio. Given how Apple seems to be gearing up to push the Mac in 2011, cheaper iMac price-points should come as no surprise. As for Blu-ray, although many still hold out hope that Apple will include Blu-ray drives, that seems unlikely.
This rumor is like saying it will rain somewhere in the world during the first half of 2011, but DigiTimes reports that Apple will launch...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free