Talkcast tonight 10 PM ET, post-Christmas chat and gift lists
Talkshoe is having a post-holiday hissy fit, so tonight we are using an alternate show URL -- here it is: http://tinyurl.com/tuawtf
It's time for a holiday weekend talkcast, and since it's only a day past Christmas, there's something to discuss: what did you get, what did you give, and what did you take back to the store? We'll also begin looking ahead to the Mac App Store's debut on January 6. Bundle up, pour yourself some hot chocolate, check on the snow and join us!
Here's the master page to listen or join in on the show. To participate live on TalkShoe, you can use the browser-only client (just click the"TalkShoe Web" button on our profile page at 10 PM on Sunday), the embedded Facebook app or the classic TalkShoe Pro Java client; however, for maximum fun, you should call in.
To call in on regular phone or VoIP lines (take advantage of your free cellphone weekend minutes if you like): dial (724) 444-7444 and enter our talkcast ID, 45077 -- during the call, you can request to talk by keying in *8. (That's a toll call, just so you know.)
If you've got a headset or microphone handy on your Mac or your PC, you can connect via the free SJphone or X-Lite SIP clients or by using the TalkShoe client's ShoePhone tool; basic instructions are here.
We'll kick things off at 10 PM ET/ 7 PM PT this evening. See you there!
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter