HandBrake 0.9.5 released, adds presets and more for easier DVD ripping
It's been over a year since the amazing free DVD ripping software (also known as a "video transcoder"), HandBrake, has been updated. Life is good, and Handbrake 0.9.5 has now been released.
There are a ton of changes in this release, and you can get into the details in the change release notes. For the Mac version of the software, the biggest news is that PowerPC is no longer supported. If you're still holding on to an older Mac, it's time to either consider a hardware upgrade or you'll be using HandBrake 0.9.4 for the rest of eternity.
Other Mac changes include VLC detection in both the /Applications and ~/Applications directories, a new Audio Panel supporting more than four audio tracks and support for multiple instances running simultaneously.
I noticed that the update wasn't accessible through the "Check for Updates" feature in version 0.9.4, so you'll probably want to go to the HandBrake website and just download the installer in order to update.
Thanks to Adam for the tip!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync