HandBrake 0.9.5 released, adds presets and more for easier DVD ripping
It's been over a year since the amazing free DVD ripping software (also known as a "video transcoder"), HandBrake, has been updated. Life is good, and Handbrake 0.9.5 has now been released.
There are a ton of changes in this release, and you can get into the details in the change release notes. For the Mac version of the software, the biggest news is that PowerPC is no longer supported. If you're still holding on to an older Mac, it's time to either consider a hardware upgrade or you'll be using HandBrake 0.9.4 for the rest of eternity.
Other Mac changes include VLC detection in both the /Applications and ~/Applications directories, a new Audio Panel supporting more than four audio tracks and support for multiple instances running simultaneously.
I noticed that the update wasn't accessible through the "Check for Updates" feature in version 0.9.4, so you'll probably want to go to the HandBrake website and just download the installer in order to update.
Thanks to Adam for the tip!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free