Install Mac OS X on a Cr-48 Chrome notebook
In the hackintosh tradition, we present this method of installing Mac OS X onto a Chrome Cr-48 notebook using Hexxeh's Luigi firmware toolkit. You'll void your machine's warranty in the process, as you've got to remove the bottom cover to activate developer mode.
Once that's done, you can flash the machine, install the custom firmware and then install Mac OS X. It seems like a lot of work to us. If you like watching videos of a computer booting over and over again, blurry, illegible terminal commands and ear-splitting music, you'll find a real treat after the break.
For full details on what's going on, check out Hexxeh's blog post.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter