Install Mac OS X on a Cr-48 Chrome notebook
In the hackintosh tradition, we present this method of installing Mac OS X onto a Chrome Cr-48 notebook using Hexxeh's Luigi firmware toolkit. You'll void your machine's warranty in the process, as you've got to remove the bottom cover to activate developer mode.
Once that's done, you can flash the machine, install the custom firmware and then install Mac OS X. It seems like a lot of work to us. If you like watching videos of a computer booting over and over again, blurry, illegible terminal commands and ear-splitting music, you'll find a real treat after the break.
For full details on what's going on, check out Hexxeh's blog post.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)