Install Mac OS X on a Cr-48 Chrome notebook
In the hackintosh tradition, we present this method of installing Mac OS X onto a Chrome Cr-48 notebook using Hexxeh's Luigi firmware toolkit. You'll void your machine's warranty in the process, as you've got to remove the bottom cover to activate developer mode.
Once that's done, you can flash the machine, install the custom firmware and then install Mac OS X. It seems like a lot of work to us. If you like watching videos of a computer booting over and over again, blurry, illegible terminal commands and ear-splitting music, you'll find a real treat after the break.
For full details on what's going on, check out Hexxeh's blog post.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync