Bodega expects to thrive along side Mac App Store
"Bodega is not going anywhere," product designer Phil Letourneau told The Loop. "It will continue to grow in terms of developers and customers coming into Bodega."
Bodega recently updated to version 1.3, and Freshcode is promoting the software as an approval-free alternative to the Mac App Store -- unless submissions are offensive or contain illegal content -- with no restrictions to APIs. Developers will also incur more revenue -- 93 percent with Bodega versus 70 percent for Apple.
We wish the folks behind Bodega good luck and look forward to what Apple will reveal on the 6th.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter